- Your work is meaningless until proven meaningful; don't complain, work.
- You do not have to be an insufferable asshole; you probably will anyway.
- You are not better because you are smarter; you are worse for believing you are.
- The world is not a meritocracy; your sense of entitlement is undeserved.
- Intelligence is not a skill; you have to be able to do something.
- The truth is not self-evident; you do have to explain.
- You can't stop people from sticking beans up their nose; it won't stop you from trying.
- You are a fool; wisdom comes only from knowing the depth of your own folly.
29 July 2011
You are brilliant, but you don't know that the following things are true: